DSLR

Michael Zacherl EMAIL_HIDDEN
Tue Apr 1 01:15:51 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

On Mar 29, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Martin Naef wrote:
> Well, that's pretty much inherent in the small sensors.

Yes. This sensor is 1/2.5" which is pretty small.

> They are quite
> ok with proper light (outdoor photography), but show their weaknesses
> otherwise. However, depending on what you're trying to achieve, that
> doesn't mean you couldn't make good pictures even under sub-optimal
> conditions. Gert's gallery is a good example - he's got the full range
> from top cameras to P&S.

I also got nice pictures with this camera.
If it wasn't possible then I'd already dumped it.
In most cases it's the limited, almost poor dynamic range which
bothers me.

>> The issues are certainly not new to me.
>> But maybe I'm just reluctant because of other reasons ... like
>> spending
>> a couple of thousands of Euros now.
>
> It is expensive, indeed. But it's worth it for me. But then, my
> picture
> counter on the new camera is already on 2923, after 6 months and no
> major holidays...

I just had the thought that maybe Im not ready to take the plunge into
the DSLR world.
Maybe a decent compact camera for less than half the money than the
set would do.
Just pondering ... (ist there a compact modell with a CMOS sensor for
instance?)

--
just don't care: http://blauwurf.at