XO Laptops are soon to be available ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 26 20:58:02 CEST 2007

Hi Jay

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> Did you try it at SIGGRAPH? I had a very quick shot at the music
>> application. While I failed to make any sound, it certainly looked
>> cool and definitely powerful enough for some fun.

> no .. i've been a bit of a wallflower at the olpc-austria meetings
> that happen every wednesday, and the machines are highly accessible.
> i've made a few friends who are working exclusively on that platform,
> also.  i may yet have a friday night jam session with one, sooner or
> later!  ;)

I'm curious to hear what you think of it.

> i'm sort of getting a bit impatient with not seeing them on the
> street, but i have a good feeling thats going to happen sooner or later.

I read an article in one of the IEEE magazines recently about it. I
think it's not really meant to ever hit our streets, so as not to
detract from the original goal of providing the laptops to those who are
currently deprived of technology. Can't remember the details, though.
And honestly, the current fundraising idea of buy-two-get-one is a clear
hint that we'll get our hands on them too at some point...

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch