Nice meeting @ MetaLab tonight: Jason Brown, Emmanuelle Goldstein (2600)

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 19 23:29:04 CEST 2007

Wow, what a great night @ MetaLab here in Vienna ..

As part of the paraflows activities, Jason Brown gave his talk on
paranoia and gnostism:

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/12/13/events-at-machine-pr.html

Great .. gonna make me watch Tron again.

And, even greater, I finally meet the fantastic Emmanuel Goldstein, a
hacker I've followed and read for decades, now.  Such a delight to
show off the openmoko phone and discuss open-source communication
devices with him . . gonna rack it up as one of the highlights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Gordon_Corley

And what can I expect from "Mr. 2600" but the enlightenment: the more
things change in tech, the more things stay the same.  I had to re-
flash the neo1973 before I could show it to him, because I'd busted
it 2 minutes previously by putting a lame skin onboard.  Gah!

And as well, there's a little hot multi-touch light-table action
going on in the metalab this week.  Video's as soon as I get off the
strassenbahn and can upload them at home ..

In short: you guys who wanna come visit in Vienna have a lot to look
forward to, geek-wise.  Now if we can only put the 3D plotter to use
in the metalab to build synths, or some such other nonsense .. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan