reactable

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 18 01:34:33 CEST 2007

> I'm toying with the extremely dogmatic notion that a musical
> instrument
> (according to my very personal definition) is best designed when it
> can
> be played, to some extent, with eyes closed.

I'm with you on that one Tony.  100%.  If you can't play it in the
pitch black, what good is it?

Music should happen in all levels of light.

> Think of the speed of touch
> reflexes, which is what are used for making music with a physical
> instrument.

Its just one of those so terribly "obvious" facts that none of the
current instrument designers want to contend with: all classical
instruments can be played in the dark.  Synthesizers, obviously, are
broken by design.

;
--
Jay Vaughan