mini shelter meet

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 17 22:57:11 CEST 2007

Martin Naef schreef:

> Hi Peter
>
>> So, did they take the train from Switzerland and the plane from Schiphol?
>
> Nope, no trains this time: We flew into Duesseldorf-Weeze on Friday
> (erm, well, cut the "Duesseldorf" part here), rented a car to drive to
> the Wedding, and caught the plane again on Monday morning. That airport
> has been spared of any connection to public transport.

Oh, OK. Perhaps it's an old air force base, like Frankfurt Hahn? We
always fly from D?sseldorf Rhein-Ruhr, a.k.a. D?sseldorf International.
Within a few minutes, you're on the BAB52 (motorway) and there's an
S-Bahn (suburban railway) to the town centre.

Incidentally, I'll be in D?sseldorf on Thursday, but ironically I'll be
flying to Frankfurt to spend the least possible time from home, because
even more ironically, my parents arrived yesterday - from D?sseldorf
International.

Weird thing, that, travelling. But I can recommend D?sseldorf over
Schiphol to anyone in the eastern Netherlands. Quite big, but not too
big, and contrary to Schiphol, it doesn't take ages for your luggage to
show up. You're also not walking for miles as you do at Schiphol.

What was truly weird, though, when we arrived at Schiphol earlier this
year, that there was not passport check. The Schengen Treaty at work...

- Peter