mini shelter meet

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 17 21:59:32 CEST 2007

Gert van Santen wrote:
> It has been awesome to meet with them
> again! We had a nice chat, some great
> Z?ri-gschn?tzlets (if you're a
> conaisseur), a couple of Laphroaigs and

The food was excellent BTW - and it certainly tasted very authentic,
despite it being cooked by a Dutchman... ;-)

> Martin did some solo-jamming on my
> spanking new Xbase 999. Man, does this
> thing sound phfat! Glad to finally own
> some real Jomox sounds again after I
> sold my Airbase 4 years ago!

Jamming is a rather big word - merely just getting a first impression,
trying to create a nice drumset and pattern. I have to admit, though,
that the Xbase didn't really speak to me immediately. I didn't bother
checking any presents, just went straight in and tried to program some
cool sounds. I made quite a few stupid moves on the user interface that
brought me back to square one (if there's a big knob labeled TEMPO, I
expect it to change tempo and not the preset!!!), so I probably spent
more time finding my way around the UI instead of really focusing on the
sound. Nonetheless, despite a few 'duh' moments, it was easy enough to
get some sounds going and getting a first feeling for the machine. If
you're into that kind of drums, the Xbase certainly looks like a very
attractive option - I've only scratched on the surface. I'm sticking to
my V-Drum / Electribe combo, though.

Bye
Martin

--