firepod off for repair ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 12 19:15:23 CEST 2007

Peter Korsten wrote:
>> Oh, I so hate it when equipment breaks... I've had some fall-out over
>> the last year as well, including a dead display on a TC Triple-C, some
>> strange behavior on the monitor output of my mixing desk, and just last
>> month the autofocus on my DSLR. Oh the joys of technology...
>
> So, these things... just break?

Yup. None of the items I mentioned had any particular accident. In the
case of the camera, it was a mechanical failure: A small plastic pin
that controls the secondary mirror (responsible for AF) broke after
about 14'000 pictures. According to the forums, this seems to be a
relatively common fault on that camera - it's either that or the shutter
curtain. Given a MTBF of approximately 20-25k shots for this type of
camera, that's not totally unexpected. I actually toyed with the idea of
upgrading anyway for a couple of months before it happened, so maybe
that was bad karma... ;-)

The Triple-C, well, that's just annoying and shouldn't have happened
that early. The 01V is a few years older and has seen a lot of use, but
I'm still a bit miffed as well.

Bye
Martin

--