New 'puter

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 12 18:41:53 CEST 2007

Mikael Hansson schreef:

> Finally starting to catch up with all software installations. Got myself
> a quite good machine:
>
> Core2Quad 2.4GHz, 4GB, 750GB
> A very silent Antec P150 Case
> A fanless Asus 8600GT graphics card

Nice specs. How much did this set you back, preferably in a common
currency like the euro or the Maltese lira? :)

In my computer, I've recently replaced the CPU and case fans, which now
light up blue. The noise hasn't necessarily gone down, but it has changed.

One fan is mounted in a rubber mount, so that the vibrations aren't
transmitted as much to the case. The power supply is in a similar rubber
mount. The other fan has its own contraption, and can't be mounted in
rubber. Then there's the video card, which I won't touch and therefore
might be noisy.

I also got dust covers for the fans, but haven't gotten round to
mounting them yet...

- Peter