RIP: Luciano Pavarotti

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 7 21:32:03 CEST 2007

Hey 'barians in temporary shelter,

I'm back... felt the need to come in and discuss something odd.  Don't laugh!

I have never been a fan of opera, in fact I've often said I absolutely can't
stand it.  But I'm finding myself quite saddened by Pavarotti's death
yesterday!  :-S

He just seemed like a nice guy, and undeniably - like his music or hate it -
had an amazing voice.  I guess I think big smiley dudes with beards are
pretty cool too, probably because my own dad was a big-ish smiley dude with a
beard.

I think I'm gonna give a bit of opera another spin, and maybe I'll end up
liking it... just a little bit, at least Pavarotti.

Maybe the Music Bar should do a Pavarotti tribute album - just for sheer
off-the-wall weirdness factor heheh!  :-)

So, RIP Luciano, and I hope you keep on singing and smiling wherever you are.

How are y'all doin anyway?

Cheers,

~Dave