Apple launch news

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 5 23:59:41 CEST 2007

Andrew Robinson schreef:

> without the iphone's 'bad code might crash at&t's network' excuse to
> fall back on, I'm left wondering why it doesn't.

Apple are going to have such a lot of fun in Europe... They'll want an
exclusive contract, and at first Vodafone was supposed to be the 'lucky'
one (in quotes, because it's debatable how beneficial a product like the
iPhone is for a company that wants to sell the content itself, instead
of Apple) and now it's apparently T-Mobile.

There's just the little issue that no two operating companies in Europe
have exactly the same system, even if they're owned by a larger brand.
So all the integration stuff would have to be developed for each and
every market.

Give it some time, and you can buy unlocked iPhones.

- Peter