Abstinence

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 2 16:40:38 CEST 2007

punkdISCO schreef:

> 1)       What is the longest you have been without any musical equipment

Don't dare say for sure. Perhaps a year and a half now? It's upstairs,
all hooked up, except for something for the sound to come out of.

> 2)       Did you come back revitalised?

Not applicable in this case.

> 3)       What is the longest you have been without any listening music?

Good question. I seem to being going on and off music in waves. In my
twenties, I bought a *lot* of music and listened to it all the time, but
now I can't really be bothered. The last two CDs I bought were 'T?o &
T?a' by Jean-Michel Jarre (rather bland, I thought) and the 'Alexander'
soundtrack by Vangelis (typically pretty Vangelis style, but again a bit
bland).

I do listen to my ripped CDs at work, but there's only so many records
you can store on an 80 GB disc on which Solaris, applications and
projects have to find space as well. But the reason there is to blot out
the sound of the office.

- Peter