Sound Synthesis

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 1 03:24:14 CEST 2007

On 31.08.2007 17:15 Uhr, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
> Chris Strellis wrote:
>> http://www.emsrehberg.de/SYNTHI__s/SYNTHI_Avs_plugin/synthi_avs_plugin.html
>
> I was looking for a link to something like that :) Definitely a good
> starting point. I'm sure it sounds great... but I'm equally sure that
> PDF-modelling, diode-ladder modelling et al, are either non-existent or
> very simply done, so it won't sound the same as Pink Floyd's VCS3. But
> of course, exact emulation (of analogue characteristics) is not a
> requirement for making great music, or even for making great musical
> instruments :)

while I agree that it's possible to make great stuff (including filters)
   in the digital domain, I don't see the sense of recreating a rather
big and cluttered front panel on a tiny screen.
Like Arturia does for example.
Sure, someone who owned such a baby like an Jupiter 8, CS 80, Prophet V
etc. would feel familiar with the controls but who actually has/had such
an oldtimer? And such for better marketing?

If digitial and on the computer, I prefer something like Bidule or
Max/MSP - unlocking the power of a good GUI without being compromised by
  fake hardware.

   just my .02 -  ;-)  m.

--
nonconform? noiseconform: http://blauwurf.at/