Reverb options

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 24 23:37:41 CET 2007

Martin Naef schreef:

> Looks nice as well, but it's not much different to something like a
> Powercore in your case: If Lexicon stops providing updated drivers,
> you're just as buggered as with a Powercore - you're already ditching
> the MPX, so you wouldn't keep the MX500 either for exactly the same reason.

The only difference, and possible advantage of the Lexicon in this
particular case, is that eternal connectors seem to have a longer shelf
life than internal connector. (Although now I read that there's a
Firewire version of it as well.)

For internal connectors, there has been ISA, VLB, PCI, PCI-X, PCI-e, and
probably some more esoteric ones. For external (serial) connectors,
there hasn't been much more than RS-232 and its siblings, USB and
Firewire. The last two don't seem to be disappearing for the foreseeable
future, and would probably still be supported afterwards with a
converter, like there are USB-to-serial converters today.

And perhaps we could smile kindly upon Lexicon and suggest that they
open-source their interface specification. :)

- Peter