fixing a broken mp3

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 14 17:47:04 CET 2007

So I have a long, 5 hour mp3 file, actually a bunch of them, that my
zune will not play, but play fine in most software players (I say
most, because I tried VLC and Windows media and was fine, but the XMMS
and WinAmp choked).  If I load the MP3 file into an audio editor and
resave it (without making any changes to its encoding settings) then
all the players are happy with it and play it normally.

editors have to draw the display and do their peak analysis and all
that crap I dont need.  I just need to open the files and save them
again, possibly just to correct some secrewed up header info or
something.

Anyone have a faster (scripted?) way I could handle a directory of
these files in one go?  Ive got linux and windows sitting in front of
me so anything on either platform would be great.

Tony