What Linux distro do you currently recommend?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 14 14:05:29 CET 2007

> 2. Ubuntu - Seems everybody raves about it, and really, as long as
> it has most
> of the apps I want, I can manually compile anything else I need, so no
> problem.

UbuntuStudio is the rockin'est, Dave. Highly recommended.  I use it
both as a studio/music/creativity tool (tons of great stuff just
works) as well as a full development system.  My current rig has 17
different cross-compilers, development environments onboard, and it
just keeps ticking along .. Dunno if there is a Gutsy release of it
yet; I've been ignoring that, because as it is my install just plain
works.

My how well it works, too.  So good.

;
--