Soft-synth interface design

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 12 15:53:05 CET 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 9:43 PM, Tony Scharf wrote:

> Soft synths are getting better.  Ive actually got a few I use very
> regularly now, and its hard to tell when i am using soft and when I am
> using hard.  Its really an aesthetic choice that I keep hardware
> synths around anymore.  If I could bear to part with my keys, Id sell
> it all and put the money into a massive CPU.

This is exactly what I may do, I'm selling most of my gear and am
going to invest in a new Harpertown mac pro when they come out, doubt
I'll be able to afford the 8-core but we'll see. Not just for audio
work though, graphics and video as well, aftereffects cs3 runs like
butter on these intel machines.

Also thanks everyone for the feedback on the interface stuff.