Semi-annual Depeche Mode Cover: Things You Said

Kim Johnsson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Dec 30 23:15:03 CET 2007

punkdISCO wrote:

> Really lovely Kim.  Again Im going to agree with Gert, you do manage to
> sound very DM with apparent ease..

Thanks, Paul. We aim to please.

> What gear did you use for this track?

Pretty much everything. MS-20, Nord Modular, Odyssey, Andromeda, DotCom,
K2600, Pro One, Voyager, Pulse, impOSCar, PPG Wave 2.V and the soft
sampler HighLife.

This is the first time ever I've gone out sampling stuff for a track. So
there's a stapler from the office and lots of stuff from the yard like
my bike, bricks, misc tools and other things I could reach. Used the
samples pretty much as they were recorded, have yet to dig into all the
weird things you really can do with them.

Anybody into Matmos, by the way? Those dudes sure work their samples. A
Chance To Cut Is a Chance To Cure (?) always makes me smile, and my
brother nauseous.

Cheers,

	Kim