DAW time?

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 27 20:42:16 CET 2007

Ladies and Gents,

 it saddens me to say but I'm considering selling my beloved Roland
VS2480, and replacing it with a MacBook (not pro, but 2G ram, 2.2G dual
core and 250G HDD), M-Audio FW 1814 (possible ada8000) and ProTools
M-Powered.

 Has anyone any experience with ProTools M-Powered? I need to be able to
record at least 12 tracks at a time. The Digidesign wesbite tells me that
the macbook will handle 32 tracks playback (ample for me), but doesn't
mention anything about how many tracks can be recorded simultaneously.

 Yeah, I'd like ProTools LE, but I can't afford one of the big audio
interfaces (digi 002 or 003). so, M-Powered it is.

 And no, I don't like MOTU or Logic, sorry I just couldn't get on with the
UI on them.

Paul