Holy Screen Space...

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 21 23:23:42 CET 2007

I was weighing up 1x30" vs 2x23" for a while, with the MacPro they
cost the same, and have the same video card requirements. Now that I'm
running OSX Leopard with the Spaces feature, I'm really glad I went
down the singel 30" route. Spaces lets me flip between virtual
screens, with less effort than turning my hard would take, and with
the bonus that all the things on my desktop stay in place, so I can
slide my apps out of the way to get to things behind by going to a
different 'space'.

This is one of those features that makes so much sense that you
quickly wonder how you ever did without it. I have my machine set up
with 3 spaces, one I work in, one with itunes taking half the screen
and gmail in firefox the other half, and the third spare for when I
want to get behind things, or I run out of room on the 'work' page.

Ahh, takes me back to the old days of Amiga, which had a similar feature.

Oh, and in reply to the 'how big is my iPhone screen' question... well
it's twice the resolution of the old GCA IBM PC I used to use for
doing the invoicing at work.

- Andy_R