Macbook Logic 8 to replace XP Sonar6

Romain Gros EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 6 13:31:40 CET 2007

Hello Barians ,
Ok I going to be in the Apple world soon ( Mac Book :P) ...
Right now  I m working on Xp and  my Daw is Sonar6- Cakewalk .
For information  the most important plugins/effects that I use on Sonar are:
Waves(comp , delay , reverb) , Ozone3 from izotope ( for mastering).
plus also some softsynth ...

So what will I use on my futur mac ??? hmmm...
Well I can put Xp on the mac book and use Sonar6 but i think it won t be
fair ... ( i dont know why .. ;)
So I checked Apple programs and I found Logic 8 ...
 http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?find=logic

the thing is I don t know which one to take :

It will be cool if Logic 8Express  can give me what I need to replace Sonar
on Xp.
But i m not so sure ,cause there is also Logic 8 Studio ,
The different of price is quite much for my wallet ...
So it could be cool if you guys can advice me a bit ...(I know some of you
know and use Logic ... )
What are the limits of Logic8 Express compare to the Logic8 studio (if
someone know )?
Is there another Daw that i can use on my futur Mac except Pro Tools ( cause
it's too expensive for me )???

thank you in advance ...

--
Romain Gros