Sound Synthesis

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 31 17:22:27 CEST 2007

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Also, I think my little Sound Lab Mini
> Synth, built by Alan McKerchar, is at
> least as much fun, and probably has even
> more possibilities. The sound of the AVs
> might be more powerful, but still...

I think that beats the VCS3 in terms of immediacy, and yet has a lot in
common with it. It's certainly a lot cheaper (a couple of hundred quid
or so). I found I could multitrack the Minisynth to get big textures.
With the aid of a lot of caffeine, inspiration and concentration, I was
able to get a full live "performance" out of the VCS3, so - more
difficult, but more complete, I guess. I still lust after a true VCS3
circuit with more filters. Argh.

Tony (HB)