Sound Synthesis

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 30 08:53:54 CEST 2007

Joost Schuttelaar wrote:
> I'd say the new Roland SH-201 is a nice way to get started with
> synthesis editing. Simple, clean interface.

An SH-101 is even less confusing and easily rewarding.

An old Korg or Yamaha (or similar) small scale real analogue synth with
lots of well labelled knobs and sliders is the best to actually learn
something from imo. Maybe not the cheapest, depends...

Whoever mentions FM in this thread has lost the presets of youth,
including me. Nearly all FM synths have next to no immediately
decipherable interface due to the glut of patch parameters ;)