Sound Synthesis

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 29 17:53:54 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 05:46:28PM +0200, Gorman, Declan wrote:

> This leads me to another question.  How do you guys approach designing a
> patch from scratch?  Is there is a set of specific steps for the type of
> patch being programmed?

I think so.  There are finite ways to make a punchy bass
patch, eg.  Envelope times, number of oscillators, even
playing it back in mono, rather than stereo, are known
quantities that have been sussed through years of inherited
and shared experience.

If you're looking for a hardware synth {and maybe you are}
to learn more about synthesis, I still think you can't beat
a Nord Modular of any flavor.  That will grow with you.

--
Yours,
Niall.