New gear (Beware of GAS)

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 27 14:06:40 CEST 2007

Well, I can see that the p08 is getting just asd much attention here
as everywhere...

When I first heard of it, I was very NOT excited.  Then when the specs
got published I was very EXCITED.  Now I have gone back to center and
am indifferent.

I think dave smith is making a shrewd (though some may say obvious)
business move.  DSI gets a lot of email asking about a pure analog
sythesizer and the forums are always buzzing about the idea of future
poly analogs - the few out there are crazy expensive.  Dave sits down
and realizes he can not only make one cheaper, but also capitalize on
the one thing no one else has - his name.  He also managed to do it in
such a way that it was a total surprise!  Not even a rumor about it
till it wads a week from shipping!  Seems genius to me.

Still, I won't be getting one.  I would rather add a per to my pek and
have all th crazy digital stuff too.

Tony

P.s.  I am back...